So, I continue on my floating shelf project, which to date is 200% over budget (mostly due to my adding other features to the project). I’m doing the final triple bead on the second support with my wonderful new Porter-Cable router, and
- a clamp breaks
- which causes the router to climb (go in the wrong direction)
- which screws up the carefully engineered eight quarter oak I’d been working on for the past hour
- which causes said wood to go flying around, running into the router from the wrong direction
- which causes my newest, priciest, router bit (a triple bead, it was forty bucks, which is a lot for a single bit) to actually bend about 15 degrees at the shank
- which causes the router to lurch in my hand, pulling me forward a little bit
Happily I maintain control of the router and remain unharmed. I wear safely goggles and ear protection, but jeez, I’m going to have to start wearing chain mail if this keeps up.
Finger Count: still 10.