Oddly is about police chases, murder/suicide and a gospel house band.
This SMBC Cartoon – summarizes me quite well
- Inventor’s 2020 vision: to help 1bn of the world’s poorest see better
- Bleeding Heart Tightwads – the right gives more to charity than the left
- Burger King launches beef-scented body spray
- The neurotypicals conspire against us with homeopathic remedies
(Woman I was talking to referring to band on stage)
“The singer sounds like he’s hitting a baby with a cat”
From this Wikipedia page on Melungeons
On the other hand, in the tensions about race and slavery leading up to the Civil War, several Melungeon men were tried in Hawkins County, Tennessee, in 1846 for “illegal voting”, under suspicion of being black.
It brings to mind the Dick Gregory joke
“I’d rather be black than gay because you never have to tell your parents you’re black.”
82-year-old traded drugs for sex, Kentucky cops say – in Berea no less!
Sorry for all the light blogging – I’ve been in a frenzy building the new company/web application. I also installed (with a friend) a new carrying beam in the basement – the house is far more stable and level now.
In the meantime – check out the following links
- British Health Services uses private doctors for their own people. It’s a lot like American public school teachers sending their own kids to private school. It’s a dramatic lack of faith in the system, but I suppose the government knows best, just like they say.
- In Nebraska, the safe haven laws, usually intended for infants, can be used for children up to age 18. People have been coming in from out of state to abandon their teenagers.
The author of “Stuff White People Like”
And http://stuffaspergerpeoplelike.com/ like is eerily similar to my life.
- Visual thinking from the 1960s
- Schelling and the Nuclear Taboo
- Mexican cartels running pot farms in U.S. national forest – who says no one makes things in America anymore!
- The Pill makes women pick bad mates
- ‘Peter Pan’, ‘Snow White’ busted at Disneyland – People and their free time…