We had the 11th SSC Atlanta meetup – and I think it was fair to say that it was one of our best. This will probably be a series of blog posts. Notable facts
- This was our longest ever meetup – clocking in at slightly over four hours
- We had two new people, both in the math field, which is quite weird and cool (not software! Diversity!)
- We had the most actual disagreement of any meetup so far (also yay!) – it was all quite civil – a surprising amount of it against Nathan – who was quite up to the task.
- No discussion of generational differences (rate for us)
- No discussion of guns at all (quite rare for us)
- Almost all topics were speculation on the future
- We beat the topic of UBI into the ground – it is a good proxy for views on human nature IMHO
- UBI – some talk of Andrew Yang, but mostly UBI
- Percentages of intolerance
- Global Warming/Climate Change
- Technological unemployment (not enough!)
- Transmitting DC power (more interesting than it might sound)
- Klamath county Oregon
- The velocity of money – and deeper meanings it might have
More posts to come out of this meeting – it was quite stimulating. And the only time I’ve written a blog post on the same day as the meetup.