- France is seeming warlike
- Personal Batwings!
- There’s a site for everything it seems. Including celebrity heights. Fred Thompson is six foot six.
- More on the Atlanta BeltLine Scam. There is no definite plan, no construction yet, and taxes are already rising.
the proposed 22-mile loop of park and trails ringing downtown will create a circle of wealth and an outer ring of concentrated poverty, warns the Georgia Tech professor who conducted the analysis.
Atlanta is an unconscious conspiracy of real estate developers.
- From LifeHacker – 7 Thinking Errors
- Jane Fonda caused Global Warming! A massive overstatement, but it’s sobering to think where we would be in terms of carbon emissions if we had continued our nuclear power pace from the 70s. Given cheaper electricity, we would probably be farther along with electric cars too.
- Zen Pundit on al Quaidastan
From today’s AJC
Mason owns 5 miles of the proposed Beltline in northeast Atlanta. He had offered about half of his land to Atlanta for the Beltline network of transit, trails and parks. Atlanta planners rejected his offer and instead offered him a deal in which he would have donated his land to Atlanta in exchange for the right to develop about 2,000 residences anywhere in the city.
What is amazing is that this is going on in public. He sells the land in exchange for permits? How is that not every definition of graft?
- Liberal attitudes about Islamist terror by Sam Harris – not terribly relevent since they control little, but it is not good for one side to drop out of contention
- More on the Atlanta Path Foundation
- DIY home photo studio setup
- The Beltline crashes – the enthusiasm of some people for real estate scams is an enduring mystery.
- Greshams law and criminal investigation
- John Robb on what’s next in Iraq – very interesting. One thing that goes unmentioned is that the more chaotic Iraq gets, the more valuable Kurdistan gets. Also, after a certain point, a volatile Iraq becomes a liability to Iran, particularly with American troops withdrawn.
- Headshaver – mine is on it’s way.
- Investing the fun way, in vice and sin. “…
- Fatwa Friday!
- Steve Tyler has Hepatitis C