Last week was Week (8-11-2013) – here they are (somewhat anonymized for client privacy)
- Refine FM site – DONE
- Finalize current draft of CE site – NOT DONE
- Record CE Site Tutorials – NOT DONE
- Fix Lingering Radio site problems – DONE
- Review R’s site and contract – DONE
- Fix annoying login mysql/php communication problem on DTF blog – NOT DONE (actually I did try this and have learned more about the problem, all to no avail)
- Implement accounting changes with two clients – NOT DONE
- Create proposals and followup for three clients – DONE
- Modify files to MC and send to subcontractor – BLOCKED (by circumstance beyond my control.
So, in the first week I’m batting about .500 – with one block. There was one surprise project that happened during the week (actually a future project that got moved up) that I successfully pulled off that would have been on next weeks list and all of my actual deadlines got met.
So – what thoughts does this spark in reviewing the tasks?
- 20% of the goals were on basic infrastructure (accounting and the login problem) – both of which were prioritized down and not done. 20% seems like the right percentage of infrastructure/capital investment goals
- I spent far too much time writing the proposals – that seems like an excellent area for improvements – I need to develop more stock components and simplify delivery. You would think I would do more of that with my current provider, BidSketch, but I do not seem to be using it for that purpose – I’m going to explore something more bare bones and integrated with my accounting system. I think that is my best opportunity for a 10X return on time.