- France is seeming warlike
- Personal Batwings!
- There’s a site for everything it seems. Including celebrity heights. Fred Thompson is six foot six.
- More on the Atlanta BeltLine Scam. There is no definite plan, no construction yet, and taxes are already rising.
the proposed 22-mile loop of park and trails ringing downtown will create a circle of wealth and an outer ring of concentrated poverty, warns the Georgia Tech professor who conducted the analysis.
Atlanta is an unconscious conspiracy of real estate developers.
- From LifeHacker – 7 Thinking Errors
- Jane Fonda caused Global Warming! A massive overstatement, but it’s sobering to think where we would be in terms of carbon emissions if we had continued our nuclear power pace from the 70s. Given cheaper electricity, we would probably be farther along with electric cars too.
- Zen Pundit on al Quaidastan
From today’s AJC
Mason owns 5 miles of the proposed Beltline in northeast Atlanta. He had offered about half of his land to Atlanta for the Beltline network of transit, trails and parks. Atlanta planners rejected his offer and instead offered him a deal in which he would have donated his land to Atlanta in exchange for the right to develop about 2,000 residences anywhere in the city.
What is amazing is that this is going on in public. He sells the land in exchange for permits? How is that not every definition of graft?