I went to the all night convenience store last night on a beer run after we ran out at the recording studio. Ahead of me in line was an obvious heroin addict (lots of track marks) wearing pajamas. Behind and to the side of me was was an attractive debutante type having a loud conversation on her cell phone. The heroin addict is having a loud conversation with the clerk about her kids (apparently it’s a lot of work but they’re worth it); the debutante is having a loud conversation on her cell phone that ended with “Some people have NO MANNERS!”.
I savored the irony for an hour or so.
- Garet Garrett – an early libertarian writer, I just added his Atlas Shrugged precursor novel to my amazon.com wish list
- This story about a black widow who has just recently been revealed
- Jeff Carstensen was spooked when he learned his grandmother planned to buy him a $100,000 life insurance policy — and name herself the beneficiary.
- “She told me that people of our stature have insurance policies on each other,” he said. “That way, if something happens to you, you take care of me, and if something happens to me, I take care of you. It was all too suspicious. So I got out of there any way I could, as soon as I could.”
- From George Will –
America says to foreign producers: We prefer not to pump our oil, so please pump more of yours, thereby lowering its value, for our benefit. Let it not be said that America has no energy policy.
- Wilkerson on Global Warming
- Joel Splolsky on Architecture Astronauts – worth reading, especially in conjunction with John Robb.
- This is weird
- Inventions by year
Via Soob, check out Homeless James Bond
A wonderful technical acheivement
Conflict follows device that drives away teen loiterers
A wall-mounted gadget designed to drive away loiterers with a shrill, piercing noise audible only to teens and young adults is infuriating civil liberties groups and tormenting young people after being introduced into the United States.
Such wonderful times we live in.
The candidates are appearing on wrestling shows.
See it here. Just imagine the preparation involved…
Check out SugarDaddyForMe.com. It’s where attractive young women meet wealthy men, online! It has the notable quote
Men want the younger and more attractive women. And, women, want the man with the bigger and more sheltered cave.
Now, though, I realize that if I don’t want to be alone for the rest of my life, I’m at the age where I’ll likely need to settle for someone who is settling for me.