- How to tell a good story
- Google unleashes free 3-D software
- A very interesting post on how a war with Iran is likely to function.
- LifeHacker on problem solving.
- LifeHacker on starting your own business.
- A guy in Colorado got caught with an infrared traffic light changer, and was only ticket $50! Totally worth it.
- A very good article on this ridiculous “Peak Oil” meme.
After I first started biking I had exactly one minor fall in 18 months. In the past three weeks, I’ve had two fairly serious (multiple places of bleeding and bruising) falls.
This one was more my fault than the last one: I had stopped at what I thought was a four way stop, but it turned out to be a two way stop. Oddly enough, the woman who almost hit me (which caused my sudden braking which caused the fall) had stopped at an area where there was no stop sign.
The two photos are the opposite ends of my trip today.
- “George W. — We will be forever in his debt.” (Bumper sticker quoted on Andrew Sullivan’s site)
- “If he was shot in the head by the front, that is good marksmanship, if he was shot in the head by the back, that is good judgement.” (from the WikiPedia entry on the outlaw and gunfighter John Wesley Hardin)
- “like it was soaked in a vat of bourbon, left hanging in the smokehouse for a few months and then taken outside and run over with a car”
“like how you’d sound if you drank a quart of bourbon, smoked a pack of cigarettes and swallowed a pack of razor blades… Late at night. After not sleeping for three days”
(people describing the singing voice of Tom Waits)
Say you’ve got a bunch of garbage to get rid of; why not just throw it on the side of the bike path! Some people have no class. There is an old video game behind all of the above trash.
An archive of Jimmy Kimmel’s “Unnecessary Censorship” clips. Quite good.
Someone just texted me a photo of a Texas-shaped waffle.
Is to get a silhouette shot of this quality. Though the noir style is starting to grow on me.
From Thomas Sowell
“Intellectuals’ ability to think of people in the abstract is a dangerous talent in a world where people differ in all the ways that make them people.”
I was quite pleased with my performance and the response. It’s reassuring to hear yourself through the monitors. I did “Raining Here This Morning”, “Red Clay Halo”, “Walkin’ Cane”, and “Blackjack County Chain”. I could have slowed them all down a tad, but on the whole, I’m pretty happy. A good first real open mic night.