This post has come to mind – peak religion.
My Predictions in retrospect – it seems I was quite wrong – there was a hidden trump surge, either that, or pollsters underestimate the number of people living in low density areas.
The real surprise was how LOW the voter turnout was, Trump got fewer votes than Romney, and Clinton will wind up with almost 10 MILLION FEWER votes than Obama in 2008. And that is after 4 and 8 years of population growth, respectively. It would seem to point to more of a Clinton loss than a Trump victory, which is probably what history will say about the matter. Clinton really was exceptionally unpopular with Democrats, or Obama was exceptionally popular with Democrats (or both). Article here
It would seem that the popular media world (mirrored largely on Facebook) and the rest of the world do not track each other that well.
And on a happier notes – voters chose not to return Joe Arpaio to Office and marijuana prohibition was largely struck down in several states!
- Clinton wins both Electoral College (by 80 points) and popular vote (by 5%) – there will be no hidden wave of Trump surge
- Republicans maintain control of the legislative branch
- A new Supreme Court justice is confirmed within the next 12 months with little pageantry
- Both of them have major health events in the next four years (we forget how old they are, and neither seem at all health conscious)
- The libertarians get 7% of the popular vote (and could have had much, much more)
- The Green Party gets less than 1%
- Evan McMullan (sp) becomes the new standard bearer of the party
- Utah becomes the bellwether for the 2020 campaign
He’s been riding off free press coverage, with no spend on his part of anyone else’s. This is what our mass media selects for.