- NutritionData.com – very good site
- Lebanon Metaphor One
- Web Photo School
- Lighting 101
- More on Kyoto
- Building the $14 steadycam, you can buy it here
- GPS Article One, Article Two, Windows Media Info
- Alt Energy Blog One
- WindHunter – a good idea, but like most energy ideas, doesn’t exist
- An angry analysis of the current Business Week cover story (about Digg) over at 37 Signals.
The 37 Signals guy needs either therapy or a clue about modern journalism. First of all, a headline isn’t an article, and second, headlines exist to get people to read an article. So, I guess what he’s trying to say is the entire project was a huge success. I am so fatigued by outrage these days. There should be little drones that fly around the sky, and every time some pissant gets overheated with outrage a laser darts out of the drone and turns the mental blister of a person into vapor. Get mad!
But it’s false advertising though. If one were to write a headline of “WMD stockpiles found in Iraq” and the story is “Army spokesman says that two artillery shells, dating back to 1990, were found containing Sarin.”
The story is related to the headline, and probably got people to read the story, but it’s still deliberately deceptive and isn’t good long term.
That’ doesn’t answer your point about the outrage, adn the media is notoriously obtuse when it comes to math and economics, but they should at least get numbers right.