The author of “Stuff White People Like”
And http://stuffaspergerpeoplelike.com/ like is eerily similar to my life.
Via PurpleSlog, here is the first tech support call.
- Bill Buckley and Hugh Hefner
- Town buys strip club to shut it down –
The town of Lavonia shelled out nearly $1 million Tuesday to buy and shut down the strip club along I-85. Then, the city quickly burned the interstate signs advertising the club, which was popular with truckers.
For those curious, that’s $1,287 per household. Such a wise use of taxpayer dollars.
- Toby Keith opposed the Iraq War
- Quote of the moment (by Ben Franklin) “A man wrapped up in himself makes a very small bundle.”
- Check out this Despair.com post, and the government reply – quite funny, and scary too.
Via PurpleSlog, this is priceless
- Dead Left – Jon Chair on Naomi Klein
- The Atlanta PD and their odd hat history
- Radley Balko and the non-existent presidential crime policies of the candidates
- American Murder Mystery – everyone should read this, it’s about the current and future face of crime.
- Report: Rich Consistently Outearning Poor
Armbrister stressed that it would be premature to draw any final conclusions from the 550-page report, cautioning that “much supplementary research must still be done.”
“Yes, we do need more data,” she said. “But regardless, it is apparent that a severe gulf exists between rich and poor. And this cannot be mere coincidence. There is clearly an unknown mitigating factor at work here, and I strongly suspect it may be financial in nature.
Via Soob, check out Homeless James Bond
Contains some profanity, which makes it not safe for work if you work in uptight places.
A wonderful technical acheivement
Conflict follows device that drives away teen loiterers
A wall-mounted gadget designed to drive away loiterers with a shrill, piercing noise audible only to teens and young adults is infuriating civil liberties groups and tormenting young people after being introduced into the United States.
Such wonderful times we live in.
See it here. Just imagine the preparation involved…
I’ve been swamped lately, for now, just check out this realistic workflow diagram.