Obama by 3.5 percent nationally (the polls overstate the Democrats, but not by enough to matter), the Dems pick up 20 or so house seats and make it to 58 senators, Allen Buckley pushes the Georgia Senate race into a runoff, which Chambliss will pull off by a narrow margin in three weeks. Bob Barr does better than any recent LP candidate with over 1% of the vote, coming in at 3% in Georgia. Obama will be a good winner, and McCain will be gracious in defeat, and out long, lurid parade of tired whores will finally be over.
Sorry I’ve just been posting links lately, I’ve been working a ton and my brain doesn’t have much energy left for original thought. In any case, read these
- Reason inteviews Bob Barr
- Radley Balko on why the Republicans should lose big – basically it’s the only way they’ll clear out the deadwood. One thing to bear in mind; after the election of 2004 everyone was making noise about the demise of the Democratic Party and the permanent Republican majority – things change in a hurry, and the nature of the American system basically IS a push and a pull, and a mix of the good cop and the bad cop.
- Plastic surgeons voice their opinions
- McCain and Liddy – How high of an opinion does one have to have of politicians to be shocked by criminal associations anyway? Political careers are naked grabs for power.
- What we do or who we are…
For my hipster readers, Bob Barr will be appearing on the Colbert Report on Tuesday.
Not as funny as McCain can be, but close, surprising close
- Visual Thesaurous
- Reporter gets shot, keeps reporting
- An alternative to business requirements
- The Pop vs Soda map
- David Friedman on Bob Barr
- An interview with Bob Barr
- An Asian rant about Europe, which had the memorable quote
Heaven is a place where the police are English; the chefs are Italian; the car mechanics are German; the lovers are French and it’s all organized by the Swiss. Hell is a place where the police are German; the chefs are English; the car mechanics are French; the lovers are Swiss and it’s all organized by the Italians
I actually donated money to a political candidate for the first time in my life. Go Barr!bob
A pretty good interview as these things go. Barr comes across pretty well.